Telesis Academy of Science and Math
The Miriam Kim College Bound Scholarship
Telesis will provide a $500 scholarship to a graduated Telesis student (Senior in 2018/19).
- Student must have attended Telesis for at least 2 years and promoted from Telesis Academy
- Must have participated in some form of service activity within the past 4 years
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.3, (B+) or higher through four years of HS
- Must have applied or enrolled in a college, university or higher education program, (trade school, etc.)
Along with the Application Form, applicant must submit: (hard copies)
- Copy of official high school transcript
- Copy of SAT or ACT Score Report (if available)
- Copy of letter of acceptance from a college, university or higher education program
- 1 letter of recommendation from a high school teacher
- Submit a typed essay of 350-500 words responding to either question:
- How was attending a No Excuses University School like Telesis impacted your choice to attend college?
- How has Telesis Academy of Science and Math made a difference in your life?
Submission Deadline: Friday April 26, 2019
Please turn in all paperwork to: Telesis Academy of Science and Math Scholarship Committee c/o Scholarship Committee, 2800 E. Hollingworth Street, West Covina, CA 91789
No late applications will be accepted.
How Scholarship Applications are Judged and Selected:
- The Telesis Committee, and Administrator, related teacher, and selected student will determine the scholarship winner based on the following criteria:
- Presentation of Application (grammar, spelling, etc.)
- Quality of essay question response
- Letter of Recommendation
**Scholarship recipient will be notified May. He/She will be presented with the scholarship at the 8th grade award ceremony. The Recipient will be asked to read their essay to the graduating class from Telesis. A plaque will be displayed in the front office.